POLICIES & PROCEDURES:
Transportation at Drop Off & Pick Up Locations
All children are to gather at the playground before the school bell by 8:50.
Arrival Times and Locations:
- Parents are expected to complete the Daily Health Check on their child prior to sending their child to school at arrival locations.
- Parents/caregivers and other visitors should maintain physical distance and avoid crowding while dropping off their child(ren) outside.
Please take note of the following arrival locations:
- Grade 1-7 students will be dropped off at any of the three back playground gates starting at 8:30. Parents are not permitted on the playground at this time. Students stay outside in the back playground (rain or shine) until 8:50. At that time students will line up with their class at a designated area and be directed to walk into the school in an orderly manner.
- Kindergarten students will be dropped off by the front gym doors. At 8:50 the class teacher will open the gym door and walk with the students to the Kindergarten classroom. Parents/caregivers wait and supervise their child until the gym doors open at the start of school (8:50).
- If a student is late, the parent would notify the school before arrival and report to the main school door for check-in. Please do your best to arrive on time.
- Before School Club arrivals will ring the bell for the library at the main school door starting at 7:30 a.m. and a staff member will come down to escort your child up to the library.
- Students will wash/sanitize their hands before class begins.
- Departure Time and Procedure: (Please see attached map for locations)
- Grade 1-7 students will be dismissed at 3:00 p.m. from the back playground according to gate assignment. Please note the following:
- Grades 1 to 3 will be picked up at the Austrey Ave. Alley gate
- Grades 4 ; 5 will be picked up at East side gate by school walkway
- Grades 6 ; 7 will be picked up at the main rolling gate by Clive Street
- We ask that parents stay outside the gates for pick up. All students need to be picked up in a timely manner (within a few minutes of the dismissal time).
- Kindergarten students will be dismissed from the front gym door (by the front parking lot) (during and after the gradual entry period).
- Exception: Families that have a kindergarten student and children in other grades can pick up all their children at the gym door.
- Staff will be present on the playground during student departure
- Parents/caregivers and other visitors need to respect personal space and avoid crowding while picking up their child(ren) outside.
- Children are not to play after school on the school grounds but are expected to go straight home.
- After School Club students will wait at a designated spot (3:00 p.m.) beside the Fine Arts Annex Building in the back playground for pick up with Ms. Olesiak.